Jobs & the Economy
Minnesota's economic recovery is among the leaders in our region and the nation. Employers cite our educated work force and quality of life as attractions. We have worked to maintain and enhance those in the 2013-2014 legislative session.
- Working with employers and universities to create new, innovative jobs and make sure employees are trained for them
- Investing in Minnesota by building roads, repairing bridges, and building up infrastructure
- Investing in Minnesota's workforce through support of our colleges and universities
- Helping small businesses stay competitive by reducing the burden of health insurance costs for employers
- $3.7 million in funding for small business loans, vouchers, and development centers
- $58.6 million in funding for business expansions, relocation to MN, and trade offices
- Extension of Tax Increment Financing districts in key areas
- Minnesota's unemployment rate is among the lowest in the US.
- 3M will expand in Maplewood.
- Baxter Healthcare will expand in Brooklyn Park.
- BioLife recently broke ground on an expansion in Mounds View.
- Ramsey County is working to bring large employers into the TCAAP area.
Increasing Economic Security and Freedom for Your Family
- Provided $177 million in direct property tax relief
- Preventing personal bankruptcies by guaranteeing affordable health insurance
- Two year tuitiion freeze at public colleges and universities, and increased grants for students
- Workplace protections for pregnant women and nursing mothers
- Increased minimum wage
- Pay equity assurance for women